Monday 19 February 2018

Shabby Kitchen Memories

Hello Friends!
Say hello Monday and hello wonderful Juliya whose creativity never stops inspiring us all!
This project is original on many levels - you will see for yourselves when Juliya transfers you to your grandma's kitchen filled with a smell of a warm homemade cake... :)
 
*   *   *   *
Hello!
For today's inspiration I created a piece of home decor destined for the kitchen.
It's a decorative mixed media panel to which I attached a towel hook to make it not just pretty but also functional.
This piece was so much fun for my to make and you will be able to follow my whole process step by step in the video below.

First I primed a wood slice with Heavy White Gesso. Then, I applied the first layer of wonderful new Finnabair Plaster Paste and used 3D Gloss Gel to securely adhere an irregular pattern of little pieces of ceramic mosaic.
Apart from being an excellent adhesive, this gel medium also creates another layer on the Plaster Paste and this way adds another interesting texture.
When I was done, I rubbed some Plaster Texture Paste in between and around my mosaic tiles.
I must tell you these pastes are my new love! They are so easy to use and create really amazing textures.

I arranged my composition of a cute photo, small pieces of wood and lovely metal Mechanicals.
When I was happy with it, I could start painting and adding colors with Art Alchemy Metallique paints.
I also added some freehand stamping, some shadows with alcohol inks and rubbed in the beautiful Art Alchemy Waxes that are just perfect to create a subtle shabby, time-worn look.

I also reached for some Art Ingredients - Mica Flakes added a delicate gold glow and Splash Micro Beads make me think of pretty sugar spilled on a kitchen table. When I'm in the kitchen, it usually turns into a mess and that is left to say is "oh la la"... ;)
And now, please enjoy my short video tutorial!



 



I have to say I really like creating textures and making them look vintage and time-worn. 

In this piece I wanted to create a mood of an old kitchen - just think about beautiful shabby tiles which fell off in several places. 

Think traditional old kitchen equipment, shabby wallpapers, yet sunny and filled with warmth and love... A scent of a fresh pie. A small piece of childhood... :)
I hope you're feeling inspired!
xx
Juliya





Products used:

2 comments:

Hina Mirza said...

Absolutely loved it.. already inspired.. My kitchen wall needs this piece so m gonna try sometime like this for sure. Thanks Yulia!!

Lisa H said...

how fun! I love this. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...